Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Off day and Galley

Aight yo.

So yesterday was off day. relaxation time.

Yeah... we relax by going to the mall!

So Chris, Tae, Jin and I went to this really big mall in Manila called the SM Mall of Asia. This place is pretty big man. Like bigger then 1-U. We went bowling and played Tekken 6 and some pool. It was fun la. Good to get to know these guys better and bond as fellow STEPPERs. So yeah... had fun. Me and Tae had an eating contest XD. Who could eat 2 burgers the fastest. Obviously, I won XD.

Today though was a pretty interesting day. This was the first day that Jin would not be working with me and Tae. Previously we worked in a combination of 2 shifts, shift 2 and shift 3. Me and Tae are in shift 2 and Jin is in shift 3. But today we all got into our proper shifts. Tae and I had afternoon shift form 12.30 to 8 and Jin had morning shift from 5 to 2. SAo we were seperated for the first time. Another thing that changed was my work place. I am now, and for the rest of this week, gonna be working in the GALLEY. This is the place where all the food on Doulos is prepared and cooked. So it involves a lot of cutting and peeling of vegetables and meat. Today alone, I cut myself like... 3 times. OK... not so bad la, Tae cut me once XD. But today was fun, got to do something different and work with different people from my shift.

To answer your question, no Ethan we dont have those particular drinks here. We have mango, orange and pinapple. The mango is by far the best though... thick like real mango juice. Orange may be the worst of the lot... super sweet or super tasteless. Pinapple is ok, neither really good nor really bad.

So far we haven't really had anything increadably interesting happen here on board. It's been pretty routine and no unexpected things happened. Well, we did run out of fresh water for maybe an hour... but that wasn't really bad. And we also got our toilet clogged in 210... but the Accom Angels came and those sweet girls got everything sorted.

Speaking of sweet girls, how is everyone back home? Haven't seen many of you online. Been wanting to talk to you guys. I'll be online pretty often now that I got my laptop up and running. E-mail me or MSN me, I've been updating you guys on stuff happening here, it'd be nice to hear from you :)

Aight... that's about it. Tomorow we have partnership dinner and I'll be helping out in the galley preparing all the fancy food for all the supporters the Doulos has in Manila so... FUN TIEMZZZ! XD

Til we meet again.

Love you always,

Ian Cheah
STEPPER
Malaysia

1 comment:

  1. I've been to that mall :-) I think it was the largest in Asia when I went.. perhaps not any more.

    Be careful when you're chopping veg!!

    ReplyDelete