Thursday, March 19, 2009

DOULOS!!!!!

GREETINGS FROM MV DOULOS!!!

Hey you guys! I'm blogging from Manila, Philipines on board the MV Doulos!

I'm a STEPPER here on board and have just finished my orientation today. I'm assigned to the Galley (that's what the kitchen is called on the ship) so that will involve lots of cleaning and cutting vegetables and stuff...

I'm staying in a big cabin with 9 other guys, one is even 54 years old! I've made a few friends already and am getting used to living on board this floating bookstore. Our cabin is located at the bottom of the ship, literally. We're so low, if the anchor goes down, our whole room shakes... Our room number is 210, so we call it "210 the STEPPER's Den".

I've met so many people from so many nations in just 3 days that my head is spinning... South Korea, South Africa, Switzerland, countless Dutch guys, Philipinos, and yes, even a few Malaysians. My "Little Big Brother" is Malaysian, from Subang actually. His name's Jonathan Koh. I call hinm my "Little Big Brother" because he's my ship Big Bro... but in like 2 times taller and bigger then him XD.

My STEP group is pretty cool. We got people from Canada, the US, The Netherlands, The Philipines, Singapore, South Korea, Ireland, Hong Kong... yeah and Malaysia too.

I'll be available on MSN and E-mail. I'll try to get on in the evenings at around 6 or 7 so... If you're online we can chat a bit. But my schedule will be really hectic so if anything E-mail me and I'll send you one the next time I can.

My Ship e-mail is kianmun.cheah@gbaships.org

That may change as I think I want my first name to be there so... It could become ian.cheah@gbaships.org but I dunno yet. If it does I'll add a post here.

So... That's all for now I guess... Will be posting more as things develope. Please send me as many e-mails as you want, keep me updated on what you guys are doing, BB things, anything you want to talk to me about :)

Love you all so so so so so much and miss you all the bits,

STEPPER Ian Cheah,
Malaysia

No comments:

Post a Comment