Thursday, January 1, 2009

New Year, New Challenges

Aight y'all, a new year is here!

Well, I spent my New Year with Mark, Daniel, Timothy, Ka Weng, Sean, Matthias, Eunice and Christine. We bunked out at Mark's apartment and had a barbecue. I brought my Wii and we all took turns playing various games, mostly Wii sports though. It was pretty fun la, had communion and testimonies for 2008 and prayed together.

This new year 2009 holds a lot of mysteries for me. What does God have in store for me? Who will I meet? How will my resolve and strength be tested? Lots of uncertainties.

I'll be going on Dulous later on this year, in March. I hope that I will be able to grow closer to God through this trip. I hope I'll be able to learn things from the people I meet and become a more stable and self-strong person.

I have been rather insecure in the past. I have not had many friends because I was home schooled. This has caused me to treasure the ones I do have very much. Unfortunately it also causes me to become jealous when I see them favoring others a lot and ignoring me. But lately I have become more secure in myself. I no longer feel the need to be needed. I no longer need to have people ask me to do things with them. I can hold out on my own. I believe that this is a sign of maturity and of the awareness that people are just people, they fail.

But I also have learned that certain people need others to comfort them and help them through. I have learned that having close friends helps to take the pain away from certain situations and circumstances. Thanks you guys, you know who you are ;-)

2009

A new year

A new start

A new me


No comments:

Post a Comment