Monday, July 13, 2009

13/07/09

Happy birthday me...

I don't believe in planning your own party. When you celebrate something, it means you love it or admire it or respect it. So if someone planned their own birthday, it seems kind of vain to me. I mean, not that I don't love myself, I do, but planning your own birthday party seems a bit sad don't you think? If you have to plan your own birthday party it means that no one else took some time to do it for you, which doesn't seem like such a big thing to expect seeing as you only get 1 birthday a year.

When you plan someone else's birthday party, you are telling the person that you care enough to think about how to make them happy on their special day. It shows that you wanted to spend time with them and be together on the day they were born. It's symbolic and meaningful.

What I'm trying to say is that I didn't plan anything this year for my birthday. Honestly I don't feel that this is a special day anyway, it goes by like any other day of the year so I treat it like any other day of the year.

Though it is nice to get wished by almost everyone you know.

So, Happy Birthday me...

No comments:

Post a Comment